Monday 28 October 2013

New Shoes

Hello Everyone

Sorry I have not posted for a while but I have been hard at work in the Craft room making lots of projects to show you.  This week it is my Aunt's birthday and I wanted to make her a special card.

I am also entering it in the Lilli of the valley Monthley Challenge : Anything Goes,and
the Cutie Pie challenge : CHALLENGE #56CUTE WITH EMBELLISHMENT BINGO 
also Penny Black and more : Anything goes
So wish me luck.




  She always wears such lovely clothes and has lovely taste so I wanted the card to be really delicate and girley.  I have had the frame die from Sizzix for ages and this is the first time I have used it but I wanted it to be quite sturdy as it is going in the post, then I found a bit of Acetate and it all came together. 


 I decided to go for a step easle card for a change and because it folds compleatley flat for the post.The stamp is from the lovely range from Lilly of the valley as are the papers.  I just had to make a gift box to protect it on its journey and to make it extra special. As it is an easel card it lies flat in the box.
 

 I just love the colours in this pad they blend so well together the only problem is choseing which of them to use.  I distressed the edges with a little Tim Holtz disress ink in weathered wood which seems to go very well with this collection.
 
 I stamped some more hats onto the patterned paper and cut them out, adding a little colour in promarkers to give  them some detail.

I added some matching Lilac flowers on the left hand side of the image.
 

Finally I decorated the gift box with matching papers and used the fancy circle die again as a focal point. I used the cut out bits to add a scroll to the corners. All finished and ready to send off for a lovely lady's birthday.

Bye for now Maria

5 comments:

  1. A really super entry for our challenge this month, thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation, Maria. That LOTV paper pad is my all time favourite, and you have coloured that cute little girl beautifully too. Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, so much hard work but well worth it. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria,

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge with another gorgeous project!

    Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete