Tuesday 8 October 2013

Tea For Two

Hello again,
 Wow I can't belive it, my second post in as many days, a first for me.  However I just couldn't wait to show you my latest card. It is my second attempt using a Lilli of the valley stamp and my first go at using flowers on a card.






I am entering it in the following challenges,
LOTV :  Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz : Everything Goes.
and also in Ribbon Girls Lovely Lilli Everthing Goes
 links below so go and take a peek.
 

I was so pleased with how the sprays of flowers turned out espeshally as I hadn't a clue what I was doing.  I even remembered to curl the remaining wire into corkscrew curls to give it a professional touch.
 
 
 
I added a smaller spray on the bottom edge to balace it out.
 
 
As it is going in the post I just had to make a matching gift box and couldn't resist a bit of ribbon and a matching image.
 
 
 

It is a card for my Mother in Laws' birthday which is at the weekend and I loved the image as I thought it may remind her of how she and her sister played together as children. They are both keen gardeners and very close. Just love the LOTV stamps, and I used another of my birthday present pads, also from them called country Lady this time. It has lots of polka dots plaids and florals so I was in Paper Heaven
 
 
For the insert I ran the paper through an embossing folder and then inked it with some Tim Holtz Antique Mahogany distress ink which matched  the papers perfectley. I am now addicted to flowers, can't wait to get playing with some more.  I hope you like it but most importantley I hope she does!!!
 
Best wishes and thanks for stopping by
Maria
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the image. Thank you for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,

    Such a lovely card! I love the flowers and the matching gift box is wonderful!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and matching box - you would never have guessed this was your first time adding flowers! your mother in law will love it! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili challenge - good luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete