Saturday 25 October 2014

Noel

Hi again
Here is the last in the set of decorations I have been making.


I started with a very cheap MDF  Noel frame from a craft store, I think it was about £2, and I started by painting it with gold acrylic, then then a coat of PDA glue, allowed to dry untill it is just tacky, then a coat of white acrylic which I dried with my heat gun.  It produces the most amazing crackle glaze. I finished it off with some pearlised glaze to make it sparkle and shine and match the door hangers.



Finally I hand cut this little pair of robins nestled on a holly branch and glued it over the N
The snow banner is all sparkley too although it doesn't show too well in the photo.


I added a Sparkly hand cut Poinsettia from one of the other Christmas village papers and a snow banner to the O. I finished it with a couple of pictures of children having fun sledging in the snow.

It is all ready now for it's pride of place on my hall table.

Hope you like it and it gives you a few ideas.

Bye for now
Maria


I am entering this project in the following challenges

The ribbon girl color challenge  white.

Country view Crafts october challenge sparkle and shine

Winter wonderland Challege blog Gold christmas

Completley Christmas #35 add a sentiment

Christmas cards all year round embelishment

2 comments:

  1. Well this is jusr gorgeous, love the images and the lovely embellishments, thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck with the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage feel! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete